Global Outreach

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Upcoming meeting and new initiatives

Posted 08-17-2022 14:13
    No replies, thread closed.

My dear Global Outreach Keg,

I hope everyone is doing well. I know it has been a while however over the last 6 months some of us have been busy working on building our initiatives of the KEG and wanted to keep you all in the loop. Secondly, there are multiple initiatives we have developed the framework that we want to share with you all and engage everyone for the success of our patients in LMICs and colleagues.

I would like for us to meet in September, please provide your availability in the doodle poll, some of times are early afternoon, this is to provide our colleagues in the LMIC appropriate time to join us.

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/e1jmBxoa

We have also engaged with some of our critical care members in Pakistan, India, Rwanda, and UAE, to better understand some of the barriers they face in the care delivery within their local areas and how the KEG can contribute.

The obvious answers are collaboration in learning, research ideas, and increasing LMIC membership within SCCM.

Below are 3 initiatives in the pipeline we need your engagement:

1. Naveed is leading us in a QI project on evaluating barriers to implementing the ABCDEF bundle in LMICs. we are hoping to implement this in stages, the 1st stage will be collecting a preliminary data, the second stage will be submitting a proposal to SCCM to implement a large scale of ABCDEF bundle and incorporate systems to alleviating the barriers in LMIC as a strategic proposal in 2023.

1. SCCM Global Outreach KEG Collaborative Critical Care Rounds: I have put together faculties to help move this forward, we are meeting soon to provide details of the start date and topics and platform.

Qalab Abbas (pediatrics)                                                    Sidra Ishaque

qalababbas@gmail.com                                                     sidraishaque@gmail.com

Pakistan                                                                                Pakistan

Aga Khan University Hospital

1. Planning on a webinar to discuss the use of bedside ultrasound in LMIC. We have 3 of our SCCM members in LMIC helping us to move this forward.

Ahmed Reda Taha                                       Arun Bansal                                                  Effat Hisamuddin           

ahmed_reda43@yahoo.com                     drarunbansal@gmail.com                         effat.hisamuddin@pic.edu.pk

Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi                       PGIMER, Chandigarh                                 Peshawar Institute of Cardiology – MTI

UAE                                                                India  

Your friend,
    Kwame    
    email: mr.kwameboateng@gmail.com

------------------------------
    Kwame Akuamoah-Boateng
    Lead- ACSS Division APP
    Virginia Commonwealth University
    Richmond VA

• 2.  RE: Upcoming meeting and new initiatives

Posted 08-24-2022 10:45
    Hey i studied at Aga khan university for med school class of 94 i can help with initiatives in pakistan pls thanks 

Sent from my iPhone

• 3.  RE: Upcoming meeting and new initiatives

Posted 08-25-2022 09:38
    Dear all,

As the present Council liaison of this KEG, I have witnessed their momentum. We should support our international colleagues as they need authentic collaboration with many of us. Indeed, Dr. Siddiqui's message is much appreciated. 

José Luis

Jose Diaz-Gomez
    Chief, Cardiothoracic, MCS, and Transplant Critical Care Section
    Baylor Saint Luke's Medical Center
    Houston TX

• 4.  RE: Upcoming meeting and new initiatives

Posted 08-25-2022 10:24
    Its really good to hear from you Dr Siddiqui, much appreciated. Thanks, Jose for all the support you are providing. 
    I would be more than happy to keep in close touch with you, especially being an AKUH alumni. Also, if you can join our upcoming meeting that would be great.
    Looking forward for close collaborations.
    With best regards,

Naveed ur Rehman Siddiqui,

MBBS, FCPS (Paediatrics), EPICdip Fellowship PCCM (AKUH & SickKids)

Assistant Professor and Pediatric Intensivist,

PCCM Fellowship Program Director,

Director PICU Quality & Safety,

Department of Paediatrics and Child Health
    Medical College, Pakistan

The Aga Khan University
    Stadium Road, P.O. Box 3500, Karachi 74800, Pakistan

Email: naveed.rehman@aku.edu

drnrsvd@hotmail.com

T. +92 21 3486 5387 / +92 332 1137 537

www.aku.edu | Social Media Hub

Twitter @drnrsvd

P : Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

CONFIDENTIALITY / DISCLAIMER NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.

• 5.  RE: Upcoming meeting and new initiatives

Posted 08-25-2022 10:25
    Completely agree. Happy to assist Dr Siddiqui (and others) for Pakistan (and other initiatives).
    Ali Javed