Billing and Documentation

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Speaker Needed in New York February 8, 2023

Posted 01-24-2023 18:07

Dr. Neil Halpern suggested I reach out to this group to see if you could help identify a guest speaker to attend the HANYS Critical Care Committee and discuss the coding changes for 2023 in particular to codes 99291and 99292 and what providers need to know. 

The meeting is for 1 hour, and the discussion would certainly not have to be the entire hour. The next meeting is February 8 at 4 PM, EST, or the following month, March 8, 4 PM EST would also work.  Thank you for considering this request. Please email me directly if you are interested in this speaking opportunity.

Best, Maria

Maria Sacco, RRT, CPHQ

Director, Quality Advocacy, Research and Innovation

Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS)

315-399-0979  |  msacco@hanys.org

• 2.  RE: Speaker Needed in New York February 8, 2023

Posted 01-24-2023 22:56
    Hi Maria,
    I would love to help out!

//John//

John V. Agapian, MD, FACS, FCCM

Sent from my iPhone

• 3.  RE: Speaker Needed in New York February 8, 2023

Posted 01-25-2023 09:28
    Thanks.  I have spoken at HANYS before.  If this is to be virtual, I think Piyush would be great.
    Best,

LK

• 4.  RE: Speaker Needed in New York February 8, 2023

Posted 01-25-2023 09:32
    Sorry but I am away Feb 8th, could make the 8th of March work.
    Dan

• 5.  RE: Speaker Needed in New York February 8, 2023

Posted 01-25-2023 12:48
    Thank you all.
    Let me know, if I can be of any help but cannot make it to the meeting on those dates.

Piyush

Sent from my iPhone

• 6.  RE: Speaker Needed in New York February 8, 2023

Posted 01-25-2023 11:43
    If a speaker is still needed, I might suggest Jaci Kipreos. Her bio and contact information is included below.

Jaci J. Kipreos, CPC, CPMA, CDEO, CEMC, CRC, COC, is the Director of Provider Audit Services at Coker Group, and an approved instructor for AAPC. She has over 30 years of experience working in the field of medical coding and auditing and has been a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) since 1994. She has acquired numerous certifications, and her experience includes a wide range of practice settings, with particular expertise in coding for OB/GYN, family care, urgent care, and general surgery. Jaci is also knowledgeable in Medicare Teaching Physician Guidelines and other Medicare policies, with particular emphasis on Evaluation and Management.

Nationally acclaimed for medical coding, many have called on her expertise to assist their practice in the area(s) of physician office compliance, medical chart audits, and provider and staff education. Jaci was recognized as Coder of the Year for the State of Virginia in 2006.

Additionally, Jaci has been an instructor for over 25 years for CPC, CPMA, and COC.  .Jaci is a past president of local chapters of AAPC and is also the previous president of the AAPC National Advisory Board.

Jaci Kipreos | Director Provider Audit Services| Coker Group

CPC,CPMA,CDEO,CEMC,CRC,CPCI

o: 678-832-0437 | f: 678-783-5437 | c: 804.467.1554

2400 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 400 | Alpharetta, GA 30009

www.cokergroup.com |jkipreos@cokergroup.com

------------------------------
    Richard Romero
    Brentwood TN
    ------------------------------