Carolinas/Virginias Chapter

View Only
Discussion Thread View

Best Practices in Critical Care

• 1.  Best Practices in Critical Care

Posted 11-28-2022 08:40

Dear friends,

Your participation is needed. This project will evaluate best practices in critical care models during the pandemic crisis by completing this survey, which is intended to help us understand the self-perceived factors that positively and negatively influenced the critical care clinician workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic surge. Please also send it to your friends in the critical care community in your country. I will greatly appreciate your support.

https://marybaldwin.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_71Ko4OjTMQVs9yC 

Your participation is voluntary. You may skip any question that you do not wish to answer, and you may stop at any time. There are no foreseeable risks involved in participating in this study other than those encountered in day-to-day life. Your involvement in this project will be kept as confidential as legally possible. 

Data gathered from this research project will allow compilation of best practice recommendations for successful critical care practice models. Designing sustainable critical care models is critical during the pandemic and post-pandemic eras as the critical care workforce is threatened with burnout leading to decreased retention, decreased clinician well-being, and poor patient outcomes. The best practices identified from this project could provide guidance to how best to provide care and support for clinicians in a critical care crisis. 

If you have any questions about this research project, please feel free to email me at mr.kwameboateng@gmail.com. If you have any questions about your rights as a research participant, please contact the Virginia Commonwealth University Office of Human Research Protection. I hope that you will participate in this research project, which could help us prepare for the next pandemic. 

------------------------------
    Kristie Hertel
    Advanced Practice Provider
    East Carolina University Health Medical Center
    Greenville NC
    ------------------------------